A bit of our history...
“La Cantina” opened its doors in 1976 on the initiative of Antonietta Oneto and her husband Manuel, a fisherman with a penchant for cooking. They were both heirs of Maria and Caterina Avegno, who died in 1855 after saving the lives of several sailors during the sinking of the English steamship “Croesus”, which caught fire off Portofino and was beached in the Bay of S. Fruttuoso.
The restaurant is located in a former storehouse that has been renovated and that was used as a cellar for the olive oil produced by the family.
Today our restaurant is run by the daughter and the grandchildren of Manuel and Antonietta, with the help of Marco, a young entrepreneur well-known in the bay for having managed another restaurant. Through the years we have maintained the traditional local cuisine alive.